- To provide a central vehicle for information
interchange regarding the methods and techniques of historio-graphy, especially
as related to the opportunities for the studies of contemporary history.
- To provide expertise for the design, implementation
and operation of archives and displays related to the history of information
- To encourage the development of national archives.
- To develop a program of Pioneers' Days which
recognize the contribution of pioneers and anniversaries of major events.
- To identify pioneers worthy of an appreciation
and distinction and make "IFIP Pioneer Awards".
- To develop publication plans for histories of
- To promote the inclusion of historical modules
in appropriate curricula.
The history of computing and informatics
with a view to providing the impetus to preserve the records and artifacts
of information processing inventions, practices and activities throughout
the world under the auspices of IFIP and its constituent organizations. One
special focus is the socio-historical context and consequences of Information