CSC 145: Undergraduate
Special Topics: Programming Mobile Devices
- Understand the limits of the computation power, storage capabilities
and input/output features of small devices such as modern cell phones
and personal digital assistants (PDAs).
- Recognize the challenges posed by them for software development.
- Obtain an overview of the difference between programming for large
and small devices.
- Create simple applications to illustrate the concepts of abstract
and discovered components in graphical user interfaces, commands,
and event handling.
- Learn to use the Internet, the phone network and Bluetooth capabilities
of the device for networking and messaging.
- Learn to use the limited forms of persistent storage available
in these devices. Learn to create simple handheld games.
- Learn to create multimedia applications.